INTERESTED IN JOINING OUR TEAM?
Browse through more information on job openings at Little Steps below. Little Steps offers competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package to staff. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are always looking for talented clinicians who are passionate about children to join our team, including Behaviour Consultants, Occupational Therapists, Speech-language Pathologists, Physiotherapists, and Clinical Counsellors.
Speech and Language Pathologist (SLP)
Role: Speech Language Therapist
Position: Part Time/ Full Time (Flexible Hours)
Location: Little Steps Therapy Services, Victoria, BC
Compensation: Billable Hours $48-$55 Plus Benefits
Little Steps Therapy Services is a multi-disciplinary service provider for children and youth in the Greater Victoria Area. Our clinical team includes Speech and Language Pathologists, Occupational Therapists, Behaviour Analysts, and Physio Therapists. Our clinical team works collaboratively, both with each other and the families, to ensure each child is meeting their full potential.
- Direct Client Therapy
- Complete formal and informal client assessments
- Provide individual and group therapy sessions, which may include managing challenging
- Develop client-specific therapeutic programs
Speech LanguageTherapy Assistants and/ or Behavioural Interventionists in the implementation of these programs
- Participate in multidisciplinary meetings with client parents regarding client performance
- Work as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Develop and maintain a schedule for client services
- Complete progress notes and reports as needed
Qualifications and Skills:
- Completion of a Master’s Degree in
- Registration with the College of Speech and Hearing Health Professionals in British Columbia
- Recommended registry with the Registry of Autism Service Providers (RASP)
- Experience working with Children with ASD, developmental disabilities, or other challenging
behavioursand language disorders
- Able to write clearly, concisely, and professionally
- Able to develop programs based on critical thinking, reasoning, reflection, and evidence-based practices
- Strong organization, time management, and scheduling skills
- Class 5 Driver’s Licence and access to a reliable vehicle
Cleancriminal record check
Please email email@example.com if you are interested in joining our team.
Little Steps Therapy Services hires Behavioural Interventionists on an ongoing basis.
The role of the Behavioural Interventionist (also referred to as Interventionist) is to provide assigned children with individual intervention based on the therapy programs developed by the child’s clinical team. Interventionists work in collaboration with the individual child’s therapy team which may consist of any combination of the following: Parents, Occupational Therapist, Behavioral Consultant, Speech Language Pathologist, Nutritionist and any other professional that may be involved with the child either as an employee of Little Steps Therapy Services Ltd. or from outside agencies.
Interventionist will be regularly monitored and evaluated (informally or formally) by members of the child’s clinical team (OT, BC and SLP). The Interventionist will be assigned a caseload of clients by the Director of Human Resource. Billable hours for each client will vary. Training for new Interventionist will be provided by the Supervisor of Interventionist. Ongoing training will be made available and is the responsibility of the Supervisor of Interventionist to coordinate in conjunction with the Directors.
- Establish rapport with assigned children and families. Understand each family’s needs, goals, and values. Support the children in their natural environment(s).
- Work in collaboration with the child’s clinical team and carry out therapeutic program’s as prescribed by the team therapists (OT, SLP, BC). Report relevant observations and thoughts to the child’s clinical team. Provide feedback to the clinical team regarding service delivery and family needs.
- Other duties may be required or changed as agreed upon by the company Directors.
- Record direct interactions with clients during each session in the form of data. Maintain a binder for each child which is accessible to all clinical staff. The binder will contain data collection sheets and other relevant information pertaining to that child.
- Interventionists report to the Supervisor of Interventionist for support and direction.
- Listen to and utilize constructive feedback from other team members.
- Report to Supervisor of Interventionist for issues related to the position.
- Provide feedback to the Supervisor as requested.
If you would like to apply for a position, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Little Steps Therapy Services welcomes both long and short term volunteers from a variety of backgrounds.
INTERESTED IN VOLUNTEERING?
We welcome volunteers from all walks of life in both short- and long-term positions.
Long-term volunteers are offered the opportunity to shadow intervention or clinical therapy sessions (Behaviour Consulting, Occupational Therapy, or Speech-Language Therapy) after completing 20 hours of field-related volunteer work such as preparing materials.
Short-term volunteer positions are arranged individually.
If you would like to apply for a volunteer position, please fill out the application form below and send it, along with a letter of interest, to our Volunteer Coordinator, Jen Darby, at Jennifer@mylittlesteps.net
Little Steps Therapy Services welcomes practicum students from a variety of related educational fields.
Previous practicum placements have included students studying in Education; Child and Youth Care; Community, Family, and Child Studies; Communicative Disorders Assistant program; and Speech Language Pathologist Assistant program.
All applications for practicum students are to be completed through your respective post-secondary institution. Preference may be given to students attending Camosun College or the University of Victoria.
For more information, please contact our Practicum Student Coordinator, Alexandra Donovan, at email@example.com.