We offer several options for individuals or groups who want to expand their training and knowledge to best support children and youth with additional needs including developmental and learning challenges.
HANDS-ON TRAINING PROGRAM
We offer a hands-on training program for anyone who is or will be responsible for the care of a child with additional needs including developmental or learning challenges.
Trainees receive 10-20 hours of hands-on experience working with Senior Behaviour Interventionists in our multi-disciplinary center. Training can be specially catered to the trainee’s specific requirements and/ or interests.
Trainees observe a variety of techniques while working through speech,
- A combination of theoretical and hands-on training
- Observations of a variety of approaches with different clients and interventionists
- Access to research journals, training videos, and on-site resources
- Access to a highly trained team of staff who are able to knowledgeably answer specific questions and provide directed guidance
- Hands-on experience with a variety of supports including P.E.C.S., P.O.D.D., visual schedules, token boards, and other visual supports
Potential trainees must:
- Have a clean criminal record check
- Sign an oath of confidentiality prior to beginning training
Trainees from all backgrounds and skill levels are welcome!
Contact Us today to learn more or get started!
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT WORKSHOPS
Do you have a team of staff working with children who require additional needs? Is there an area of expertise you would like your staff to have more experience or training in?
Our expert clinical therapists are able to put together and present specially designed professional development workshops for teams working with children and youth who require additional needs, such as children with developmental or learning challenges.
Workshops on several topics may be available.
Contact Us today to learn more.